stevO's rigs

Build Threads, Picture Posts, Show Off Your Work/Cars

stevO's rigs

Postby StevO » January 24th, 2013, 10:34 am

New to the site. Just moved to Lethbridge from Nova Scotia not long ago.

Looking through some of the threads I instantly felt not worthy. WOW. Some seriously sick cars on here. Just picked up an mk3 that I don't think I'm gonna post up for awhile ahahah. I saw someone say something like not another $200 car with $400 wheels so I'll wait til my golf is a little more cleaned up to post.

I will throw up some of my oldies though.

Current car back home is my mk1 rocco. The previous owner who is known as a diesel guru to say the least, had a giles 12mm pump on a built 1.9aaz that made 200whp. The car was black then with 14" th lines and 195 45's.

Now it's a lot more moddest

-aaz
-1.6td garret t3 turbo
-1.6 boost pin
-front mount intercooler
-3" straight pipe was there from when it had the beastly setup in it

She's far from finished right now but it was good enough to run around the cabot trail with my brother and enjoy it before I moved out west! Quite the ride actually and I can't wait to do it again.

The next worth mentioning was a car that was put together by another master well known around the custom obsessions site.
This one was a mk2 td, Turned into a GLI TDI. I was so in love with it! It had some rust issues which I found out led to it's death after I sold it. It was on a cup kit that gave it reverse rake when I got it. This guy who bought it before me put it in not the original owner who built it. So I helped it out with a full 5 bolt setup and racelands.

- Full mk3 dash with mk3.5 cabrio 3 spoke wheel
- GTX recaros
- AHU tdi
- Euro van clutch setup
- chipped
- .216 nozzles

Before that was as I refer to it "VRfail". It was in good shape when I got it. Had an incident where a snow plow was crossing from one side of the divided highway to the other. He slowed down in the right lane and the first car behind him ditched er instead of hitting him. Me and the guy in front of me jammed on but I ended up in his arse. Fack. I bought the car with 174xxxkms and drove it til 195xxx when the chains let go. Top guide fell apart when removed and the bottom was in pieces before we got in there. I ended up parting it out :( I did tear down the head and check the valves guides which turned out to be fine but all the parts from it help me get my rocco at a time when I was in school and money was tight. I also used the 5 bolt parts on my tdi which was nice.

Had an mk1 16v that I sold to a friend and a unfinished Vrcoupe project that I traded in the rocco deal. Should have finished it but I was a poor student who drank and smoked too much.... oops

Hope to meet a lot of you guys over time. I was over to mk2dumped's place there the other day to make a deal for some coilovers/brakes and my rado cravings started back up again ahaha

updates on the golf to come when it sucks less!
Last edited by StevO on April 9th, 2015, 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
StevO

Re: stevO's rigs

Postby Kane » January 24th, 2013, 3:59 pm

Welcome to the forum!

I am loving that rocco and mk2!!! And post up that mk3 when you get it dialed in.
1983 Rabbit diesel-Summer
2004 Jetta TDI sport- Daily
2002 Jetta 1.8t fasssst-Wifes
Kane
I Think I Am In A Gang

Postby Davis » January 24th, 2013, 5:54 pm

Love the colour of the Sirocco!
K. Davis
--------------------------------------------------------
Good googly moogly, see that loogie?
Yeah, but keep it on the D.L. Hughley
You don't watch her, he might Howser like Doogie
Davis
0-100

Postby jboud19 » January 25th, 2013, 4:40 pm

Nice im from nova scotia as well and on co
1990 Jetta GLI 1.8T
jboud19
0-100

Postby NotoriousNRB » January 26th, 2013, 4:34 am

sweet rides. that rocco would have been a blast with that 200hp diesel!!
92 GTI 16v
91 GTX 16v
57 WRX Swapped Beetle, Current Build
03 Sierra BroCab BroTruck
Dub Dynasty Photography
IG: @j_schinkel
-Jesse
NotoriousNRB
Pan Scraper

Postby TheVdubFire » January 27th, 2013, 12:06 am

Welcome to forums, and these are some nice Vdubs
2011 VW Golf Sportline 2.5 CandyWhite
1990 VW Jetta Coupe OEM+ ABA build
_______
Anar Samedi
TheVdubFire
DasDubbers Member

Postby canucker » January 29th, 2013, 4:04 am

really liking the interior of that mk2. looks killer with the addition of the mk4 wheel.

oh and rocco well those things are super cool and your is no exception :D
canucker
0-60

Postby StevO » January 29th, 2013, 5:51 am

Thanks for the positive comments guys

Once I get my brakes and coils installed on the golf, I'll get some shots up. Not pretty though...gotta start somewhere I guess
StevO

Postby StevO » April 14th, 2013, 1:24 am

Picked up a corrado to drive while I finish the golf. I picked up a 5 bolt swap for the golf but I still need some parts to freshen things up a bit. Rotors, pads, etc.
Probably will go with MJM autohaus for the suspension rebuild kit as well.

http://www.mjmautohaus.com/catalog/prod ... ts_id=1592

I should have had some updates for the golf but not much has happend really! Took the 4 bolt stuff off, changed an oil pressure switch, changed cluster to have a tach.

On to the corrado. Very rough shape paint wise. Not really rusty. But has taken a beating from the sun and has a lot of touch up spots in the paint. Will probably get a re-spray. For now I just need it to drive! Interior needs a bunch of pieces as well. Dash has an ugly crack in er :(
But all in good time. I don't think I will be getting rid of it anytime soon! As long as I can help it anyway. The guy I bought it off said it had european headlights. They are smooth across the lense. A friend of mine with a corrado said the NA ones have nipples I guess..

Some pics

StevO

Postby NotoriousNRB » April 14th, 2013, 6:43 pm

you can also tell by the fluting in the lens, E-code is different than north american.

i like corrados. looks clean from here!
92 GTI 16v
91 GTX 16v
57 WRX Swapped Beetle, Current Build
03 Sierra BroCab BroTruck
Dub Dynasty Photography
IG: @j_schinkel
-Jesse
NotoriousNRB
Pan Scraper

Next

Return to Member Cars