Super MK2

Build Threads, Picture Posts, Show Off Your Work/Cars

Re: Super MK2

Postby doubleclutch » June 24th, 2014, 3:34 pm

I'm terrible at keeping secrets. Dyno time is booked for this Wednesday. In the past week I've built the fuel cell vent. Cleaned up wiring under the dash. Picked up and installed a vacuum manifold so I could route my vacuum lines properly and installed the bov. Rerouted the boost gauge line so that it actually reads vacuum. It's reading around 15 in-hg. It's been so long since this thing ran stock I don't remember if that's normal or I have a small vacuum leak

I also removed the rear section of my prop shaft, because the dyno is only 2wd. The load difference from 2wd to awd shouldn't be enough to affect the ignition map that I'm tuning.
When we built the exhaust I used 3 vband clamps through out the length of it. With the idea being that if I ever had to get at the driveshaft it could be a one man job. After I pulled the exhaust and driveshaft and reinstalled half the driveshaft and the exhaust I started pulling off the remains of the factory fuel system. Pulling off the factory exhaust hangers and cleaned up the underside of the car. Also since I put the bigger turbo in the hood has hit on the inter cooler piping and the throttle body. But after some clever aligning and some assistance in the form of a ball peen hammer it closes and latches like factory.
93 vr6 turbo passat wagon, daily driver
89 AWD big turbo 1.8t Jetta, Racecar
doubleclutch

Postby doubleclutch » June 26th, 2014, 8:50 pm

Image not bad for only 12psi and no boost controller. I'm happy with that. My ignition map is now tuned. My wide open throttle air fuel ratio is beautiful. The only thing left do to now is fix the couple issues that popped up on the dyno. THEN DRIVE IT! I still have to road tune my fuel map under the curve. Which means drive it around in normal driving conditions data logging and auto tuning. So when's the next peters meet?
doubleclutch

Postby mcrow » June 27th, 2014, 1:24 am

Peters? Where have you been? So last year.
Mitch
-1996 Harlequin
-1995 Cabrio VRT
mcrow
I Think I Am In A Gang

Postby doubleclutch » June 30th, 2014, 7:13 am

So I did some things today. I'm quite proud of myself and all

Got the rear propshaft in so it's all wheel drive again. Got my wastegate secured so it shouldn't blow off when I hit rev limiter anymore. Swapped out the alternator that died on the dyno. And fixed my throttle cable. So it won't pop of and jam up at wide open throttle.

Then I went for a few little drives. Took the laptop with me with the intentions of tuning the fuel map for daily driving. But didn't end up doing much daily driving. It's so hard to not just hoon this thing. The boost comes on so hard the whole car walks sideways and continues to into 4th gear. It doesn't chirp the tires just hooks and goes. Compared to the vrt passat the Jetta would demolish it. The suspension is awesome. Flat through corners and has loads of grip, rides pretty decent too. Took a few people out for a ride today. Made the old lady scream after the first corner. All in all it was a good day. A video and some pictures were taken I'll post them as I get them
doubleclutch

Postby Fizzo20 » July 1st, 2014, 4:25 pm

Please take me for a ride in this thing. I need some inspiration
"It's not about the destination, it's about the journey!"
-Faraaz
MK2 Jetta Coupe VR6 - Summer daily - Build thread/Pics
B5 A4 1.8T Quattro - Winter daily
Fizzo20
I Am In A Gang?

Postby NotoriousNRB » July 9th, 2014, 4:37 am

please post pictures and or videos!
92 GTI 16v
91 GTX 16v
57 WRX Swapped Beetle, Current Build
03 Sierra BroCab BroTruck
Dub Dynasty Photography
IG: @j_schinkel
-Jesse
NotoriousNRB
Pan Scraper

Postby mdmvisuals » July 9th, 2014, 5:08 pm

NotoriousNRB wrote:please post pictures and or videos!

I think we should go get those, Jesse! ;)
mdmvisuals
0-60

Postby doubleclutch » July 19th, 2014, 7:38 am

mdmvisuals wrote:
NotoriousNRB wrote:please post pictures and or videos!

I think we should go get those, Jesse! ;)

Yes please do, just give me another rotation home to get the bay cleaned up
doubleclutch

Postby doubleclutch » July 19th, 2014, 7:51 am

I pulled my hood off and my wiper assembly out and cleaned up and repainted the raintray, then I fixed a couple grounds and mounted my battery in the bay as best I could since I cut out half the battery tray about 4 years ago now. Hopefully my next rotation home I can get that mess cleaned up and move the battery to the trunk. Then I dove into the rad fan harness and realized that my rad fan hasn't worked for probably 3 years now. Since I ditched my a/c and had absolutely no wiring knowledge when I did it. So I cut the factory harness apart and used the original connectors for the battery power and thermoswitch and built a harness for my fan. I was quite impressed with myself when the fan kicked on with the thermoswitch and the after run even worked. I want to pull off the last pieces of boost piping that haven't been painted yet and paint those black to match the rest. Hopefully when I get time to do that I'll pull off the valve cover and repainted it black as well. I picked up some of my stuff that was left in Lethbridge when I moved and found all my interior pieces that were missing and got those on. Going to start looking for a set of power window recaro door cards and rear bench and put the interior all back in. I also mounted my go pro inside with the intentions of making a video. But forgot to turn it on in the excitement of the damn thing leaving the garage. Lots of little things to clean up, hopefully it will make it to a show of some form by the end of august
doubleclutch

Postby Fizzo20 » July 19th, 2014, 5:10 pm

Went for a rip in this unit yesterday and she hauls ass!! :twisted: Thanks for the ride and the goodies bud!
"It's not about the destination, it's about the journey!"
-Faraaz
MK2 Jetta Coupe VR6 - Summer daily - Build thread/Pics
B5 A4 1.8T Quattro - Winter daily
Fizzo20
I Am In A Gang?

PreviousNext

Return to Member Cars