For Sale - 1987 VW Cabriolet

Sell Complete Vehicles. All Versions/Generations VW's.

For Sale - 1987 VW Cabriolet

Postby Little Betty » June 4th, 2015, 11:50 pm

I have too many cars and I need to get rid of something, and the Cabby is it. It was originally an '87, but I i changed a lot of the gear. It has polished tear drops, Porche buckets, racing harness, fox inlet manifold, Neuspeed throttle body, front tower stabilizer. Gauges moved from the lower shift console to the main dash, plus a couple of additional gauges. It's on coils, and has a front dam. I changed the cluster to a round MK2, and changed the gauge faces to white, and the dash lights to blue LED. The rag is worn, but doesn't leak (well, doesn't leak unless it's really coming down.) It comes with a boot for the rag that is in pretty good shape. It is a four light set up, and the headlights have the parking light bulbs inside the headlight housing. Replaced the shift bushings.

I have changed the engine once (and did the engine mounts) and the transmission once and both work top drawer. The down side is it's not spotless, could use a good clean up. The vacuum gauge doesn't work, and neither does the gas gauge. The gas gauge problem is just one of matching the correct wires between the original MK1 and the new MK2 cluster. I just didn't finish it. The rubber is ok, maybe another season for the fronts.

I have been tinkering and driving this car for nearly ten years. It has never seen the road after September, and has been stored inside every winter. I drove it back and forth to Edmonton in the summers, so the mileage is almost all highway. This car has about 250,000 miles, but that doesn't mean much as the drive train has been changed. Whatever is on the clock is accurate as I reset the new odometer to whatever was on the old MK1 cluster. It has a new header on it, but only a fair job of connecting it to the exhaust train, so it has a bit of a throaty sound. It even has the fancy hood scoop. I took the fron bumper off and put LED turn signals in the holes instead, but I still have it and can supply if the new owner feels the need.

I need this car gone as I have no room to keep it with all my other projects. I think it's easily worth my ask of $1,800. I am keeping the price low as I want it to go to someone who appreciates these cars, and will have as much fun driving and tinkering with it as I have.

I am not keeping it for sale more than a week. After that it goes to Edmonton for parting, as I can use some of the bits in my MK2 syncro project.
04 Audi allroad - Daily D
12 Toyota Venza - Daily D
87 Cabby - Ongoing Project
73 VW Bus - Getting a diesel
90 Golf Syncro - Ongoing Project
Little Betty

Re: For Sale - 1987 VW Cabriolet

Postby Little Betty » June 7th, 2015, 4:51 am

Gone to a good home
04 Audi allroad - Daily D
12 Toyota Venza - Daily D
87 Cabby - Ongoing Project