mounting tires on wheels!

Wheel & Tire Tech Questions and Pictures

mounting tires on wheels!

Postby william123 » May 28th, 2018, 6:26 am

Hello,

I am looking at getting rid of the Goodyear terra tires that I currently have on my Rail and swapping them with a more favorable Truck Tire of size 265/75 The Wheels that they are mounted on are currently 15 inch by 9.5 inch wide.Heres the issue that i am having a hard time finding the answer to. The wheels that the tires are mounted to are chevy 5 pattern and I need wide 5 wheels. I would use adapters but it makes the vehicle to wide to fit on my trailer. so i just want the get wide 5 wheels. Issue is i Can't find any wide five wheels that are 9.5 inches wide. I have found them in eight inches wide. So am I going to have an issue mounting tires that are 9.5 wide on eight inch wide wheels. And I am just looking for some old used ones I don't need brand new so If you have some Let me know. I live in Michigan so Maybe we can work something out if your close.Also if your in Michigan I have some terra tires that are on wide five that i will be getting rid of if i find some wheels for my rail Im not even sure that i will sell them for much cause the wheels leak pretty bad.

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/archi ... 696--.html
Explainer Video Production Company

Thanks
william123

Re: mounting tires on wheels!

Postby CrazyM0nk123 » October 26th, 2018, 7:53 pm

Earlys Yamaha on VA 42 south, Hburg has mounted tires on wheels I took to them -- R100S spoked and R1150GS spoked. They computer/spin balance wheels. Anton also mounts tires, if you can catch him.
CrazyM0nk123

Return to Wheel & Tire Tech